Monday, November 3, 2014

Treasure Hunting: The Raleigh Home Show and Flea Market

This post is so long overdue, I apologize in advance. One day I'll be on top of my game and get these posts put together in a timely manner... one day... 

This fall we did a little exploring while visiting our family in Cary. Anyone ever been to the Raleigh Flea Market? If you live in the area and haven't been shame on me. Don't feel bad though, I hadn't been until this Fall and I'm kicking myself for not checking this place out sooner. Its a treasure hunter's mecca. I kid you not. 

As we were making our way through the parking lot to the flea market, a lady stopped us and asked if we wanted free tickets to the Raleigh Home Show. My parents were in the process of adding a screened in porch to their house and my dad was looking for some landscaping help so we scooped up the tickets. I'd never been to a home show before {but I've been to enough bridal shows to last me a lifetime} so I wasn't sure what to expect. If you're ever redoing or building a house this is a must see! Booth after booth after booth of local companies offering everything from additions to your home, to handicap accessible showers. You name it - it's there. Even though we don't own our home {one day though!} we still had a good time walking around and helping my dad scope out the landscaping companies. 

The home show had a kids area with chalkboard pumpkins -- such a great idea! 

And how adorable is this gigantic checker board! 


We eventually made our way to our original destination -- the Flea Market. This was the last weekend for the outdoor booths. Tear... tear... 

Honestly I could have stayed here all day and walked around exploring and shopping. So many amazing antique-rs, DIY-ers, and junkers. Right up my alley. Here's a little bit of what we saw: 





This guy had a trailer FULL of iron hooks, bottle openers and decorations. It was so fun to dig through the pile and see what you could find. I found several gems! 





Unfortunately this was the last weekend for the outdoor booths which is where the deals seemed to be, but fret not! They will be back this spring. 

Anyone ever been to the Raleigh Flea Market? Do you have a decent flea market where you live? We'd love to see the treasure you've found! 



Happy Treasure Hunting, 
Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment