Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thrift Store Finds - Goodwill

Now that I'm out of school (**happy dance**) and we are getting settled after our move - I've had a little bit of extra time to do fun things, like hit up my favorite thrift store during the week! I am a firm believer that Goodwill, Salvation Army and Restores have more inventory during the week. More people are shopping on the weekends and more people are donating their items on the weekends - so Mondays and Tuesdays seem to have the best inventory. 

I hit up my local Junction City Goodwill yesterday. This store in historically hit or miss, especially in the furniture department so I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. 

These great chairs were only $5.99 each. Totally would have swooped them up if we didn't have 8 chairs waiting for new homes in our garage. 

I was in LOVE with this console table. The three doors opened into shelving. It had been poorly repainted several times and the backing had a gigantic hole in it, BUT how adorable. I wanted it and had to have it - until I checked the tag and it was already sold!! NOOO! Such a bummer.


There were two of these side tables. They aren't solid wood, but were in good condition. I almost chocked when I saw that they were $24.99 each. Ouch. 

 Another dated dresser - but again, lots of potential. I was too late though, a lady grabbed the tag off of it while I was checked out the console table. So close!

 I thought these sconces were pretty cute and only $5.99 each. Not bad!

So what did I come home with? Not much unfortunately. I did find this great apothecary jar that was only a dollar! I've seen these at Home Goods and TJMaxx for over $10.00 each. 
It's now housing q-tips and cotton balls in my bathroom! 

Not the best trip ever, but I was excited to see so many pieces. Have you found any great steals lately? We'd love to hear about them! 


Happy Treasure Hunting, 
Ashley 


1 comment:

  1. I find the JC Goodwill as EXTREMELY hit or miss lol. I usually go every other week and very rarely find something I like. I've never been there at the right time for furniture. I always get nice play clothes for my daughter though, some with tags still on them. I find more success on craigslist or local thrift shops. The local thrift shops have been my favorite though. I recently picked up a wood dresser for $30 to refinish. Best find yet!

    ReplyDelete