Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Treasure Hunting in Kansas City

Last weekend was our 1 year wedding anniversary! Crazy how time flies!!


My birthday is just a few days after, so my husband put together a surprise trip for us in Kansas City! Little did I know that the surprise was really a visit from my younger brother who flew in to spend the weekend with us! I was shocked and so excited to see him. We had an amazing weekend eating, drinking and sightseeing our way through Kansas City.



Of course, I couldn't resist at least one trip to see what KC's thrift and antique stores had to offer. So, I drug the boys to Mission Road Antique Mall. This store is absolutely amazing - 350+ vendors and over 50,000 square feet of goodies! I will tell you, this is an antique store not a thrift store. I had to pick my jaw up from the floor after looking at some of the price tags. But, there were lots of affordable booths filled with treasures! Here are a things we found.

 

 


 
Who doesn't need a cat tea set?
 
We almost went home with this mirror. Its been inserted in a solid wood door. Super rustic, distressed and gigantic! It was only $95 and I really, really wanted it - but it wouldn't fit in our car! Guess that means we'll have to go back!
 
 
If you are headed to the Kansas City area, I totally recommend stopping by this store. We were there an hour and maybe covered half the store - so chisel out some time to enjoy it.

Has anyone been to this store? What are your favorite antique stores to shop at?
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment